News and notes from around the interweb:
- Chase will launch a Starbucks credit card. They used to offer one (originally a Bank One product) from 2003-2010: the Starbucks Duetto Visa.
- Book by November 8 for double Malaysia Airlines Enrich elite status miles
- Airbnb may buy Wyndham’s European vacation rental business.
- Father and daughter have flown their last flight together as British Airways pilots
- 2 new Priority Pass free dining options in the St. Louis airport
- TripAdvisor Apologizes for Deleting Review Detailing Rape at Mexican Resort
- TSA searching African American hair. But it’s American Airlines that somehow gets a travel warning from the NAACP.
Young said that after he wrote about his encounter, his copy editor, a black woman, said her natural hair gets searched frequently.
“She said, ‘This happens to me all the time,’” he said. “‘Welcome to being black.’”
Young said there were several comments from black women on social media who also said the hair pat-downs happen to them often. Questions about whether hair pat-downs are discriminatory have been raised before in other airports around the country, and such pat-downs have drawn attention from the American Civil Liberties Union.
- United’s tribute to the 747